Monday, September 17, 2012

Update project coffee bus


The No-Bucks bus in Ireland
A few weeks ago we announced our new project: the purchase of a second hand city bus in good condition that will be used by Teen Challenge Czech Republic. For starters we are raising 5,000 euro towards this project.

The bus will be converted into a mobile coffee house. It is a great need they have at the moment, as they have lost their place for a coffee house in Prague. The director Petr Ministr wrote us:

"We would be very happy to have a moving coffee house, something like the "No Bucks coffee" TC Ireland uses. Our goal is to reach lost people in other parts of Czech republic. At the moment we have a stable team that works on the streets and is composed of workers, students from TC and volunteers from  churches. They do outreach ministry 3-4 times a week... We would like them to bring hope to those that are lost, by going and doing outreach ministry 2 days a week in various cities...."

sad situations
So far, about 2,100 euro came in. Thank you everyone, who gave towards this project. We have many people on the look out for a reliable bus, WE NEED A GOOD DEAL! This is for a very special work; the bus will provide a safe place for poor and homeless people, drugs- and alcohol addicts and prostitutes to go to and have some coffee, to have someone to talk to, to warm up and get clothed.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
[Matthew 25:34-36]